The most populous and the largest city in the Arab Emirates (UAE), Dubai is known for lively nightlife scene, luxury shopping, ultra-modern architecture. You will feel amazed to see one of the world famous attractions- Burj Khalifa that dominates the skyscraper-filled skyline of Dubai. Standing tall like a celebrity, The Burj Khalifa is one of the most wonderful free standing structure or tallest building in the world that boasts of an exceptionally beautiful style, design, sophistication, elegance, and architecture. On a guided city tour in Dubai, you will get a chance to explore the Burj Khalifa, which is a wonderful architectural genius of the 21st century.
To enhance your Burj Khalifa visit on a guided Dubai city tour, we are listing some of the interesting facts about this marvelous architecture that will enhance your trip experience, please have a look!
1. The Burj Khalifa is the tallest building or the tallest free-standing structure in the world that has an architectural height of 828.0 meters (2716.5 feet). This structure is nearly three times as tall as the Eiffel Tower, 15 times taller than the height of Niagara Falls and two times taller that the Empire State Building.
2. Apart from holding the World’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa holds six more World Records like
* Burj Khalifa is the world’s tallest free-standing structure
* Burj Khalifa is the building with the highest number of stories in the world
* Burj Khalifa is the building with the highest occupied floor in the world
* Burj Khalifa is the building with the highest outdoor observation deck in the world
* Burj Khalifa is the building that has an elevator with longest travel distance in the world
* Burj Khalifa is the building that has the tallest service elevator in the world
3. The Burj Khalifa is one of the rarest buildings in the world that gives you the opportunity to see the sunset twice. You can view the sunset once from the lower floor and then can again view it from the top floor of the Burj Khalifa.
4. The Burj Khalifa was named in the honor of the ruler of Abu Dhabi and President of the United Arab Emirates- Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
5. The Burj Khalifa building sits on a man-made lake that wraps around the building, which offers dramatic and breathtaking views.
6. This tallest building consumes a supply of 250,000 gallons of water each day. It is believed that the total electricity consumption of this building is equivalent to the electricity consumed by 360,000 bulbs (of 100 watts each, burning at the same time).
7. The design of the Burj Khalifa building or tower is believed to be inspired by the shape of the Hymenocallis flower that is known for its long petals, which extends from its center.
8. The Burj Khalifa building was lit up in the colors of the Indian National flag to celebrate India’s 68th Republic Day on 25th and 26th January 2017, as the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi- Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan was the guest of honor for India’s Republic Day.
You can book a guided and customized city tour in Dubai from Orient Tours to get a chance to witness and explore the most amazing building in the world- Burj Khalifa and visit many other top-rated attractions in a convenient way. Our experienced and knowledgeable guide will make sure that you have the utmost fun and enjoyment.
To know more about our UAE city tour or Dubai city tour package, please browse through this url: https://www.orient-tours-uae.com/a-glimpse-of-history-dubai-heritage-walk today!